Thanks for using Noted. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use Noted. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We never sell personal information.
Let’s first clarify some definitions that should help you understand this policy. When we say "we," "us," and "Noted,” we’re referring to SlantSeven, LLC, a State of Ohio limited liability company specializing in graphic and web design and development. Noted is the Ohio registered Trade Name for the app created and maintained by SlantSeven, LLC. When we say “you” or “Customer,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services. We provide an online platform that allows you to provide pertinent information to your users (the “Services”). We offer the Services on our website http://www.notedapp.com (the “Website”). In the course of providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about a Customer.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted on the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also contact us by postal mail at: SlantSeven, LLC 614 Norton Ave. Napoleon, OH 43545
2. Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Services. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the application.
3. Cookies: When you register to use Noted, we store "cookies," which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use the Services. Web Beacons: When we send emails to registered Noted customers, we'll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure our Email Campaigns’ performance and to improve our features for specific segments of customers. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include Web Beacons in the emails we deliver for you. We use the data from those Web Beacons to create the reports you see about who has or hasn’t opened emails or clicked links. Reports are also available to us when we send you email, so we may collect and review that information.
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
1. To promote use of our Services. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
2. To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section 7 below.
4. To provide customer support.
5. To protect the rights and safety of our Customers and third parties, as well as our own.
6. To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
7. To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
8. To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
9. To support and improve the Services we offer.
10. To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
12. To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or "opt in") to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
1. Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you’d like it to be removed, contact us here. If we’re not able to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
2. Social Media Widgets. Our Websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
3. Service Providers. If it is necessary to provide you a service you've requested, like send you a T-shirt or enable a feature like Social Profiles, then we may provide your personal information to a service provider. We will restrict any service provider's use of your personal information. We will tell you whenever reasonably possible and you may request at any time the name of our service providers.
We take security seriously and protect our customers' data, however nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or your users, then Noted will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, like the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC).
Noted accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your account is sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfill the purposes that gave us the right to access it in the first place. We’ll give you access to any Personal Information about you that we hold within 30 days of any request for that information you make by contacting us here. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any Personal Information about you from our servers at your request.
Updated January 28, 2016
For questions or support, don't hesitate to call or email us.
Noted is brought to you by SlantSeven, LLC, a graphic design and web development studio based in Ohio. If you are ever in need of design and web services, send us an email. We'd love to hear from you.
Or follow us on social platform
© 2016 Noted